The Atlas was first published in 1837 (Essex is dated 1835), and then several times to 1871 (or later), as Hobson's Fox Hunting Atlas (1850 to 1880), as Walker's Fox Hunting Atlas (up to 1895) and as Lett's Popular Atlas (1884 & 87). The maps were also published separately, dissected on cloth and folded up between boards.
Hundreds referenced to a table, plus listing parliamentary boroughs, places of election and polling places. Hundreds are edge-coloured, and Colchester & Maldon Boroughs blue-lined; Harwich is not. Four Polling Places in North, 6 in the South. Divisions not edge-coloured, but do have a very faint dashed line. Major roads have a thicker line on one side; no road colouring.
Under the cartouche is "By J & C Walker", but along the bottom is "Published by Longman, Orme, Rees & Co, Paternoster Row, London, July 1st 1835".
This copy is from before the very first edition of the map, with no railways shown at all; later copies had the railways added progressively, not always using the latest printed map. From the absence of red (or yellow) lines, this copy was sold in c.1835.
The road in London is now labelled "Whitechapel", instead of "From Whitechapel". In addition, Bishops Gate St is now named, there is a road from Clapton down to Whitechapel Rd, and there is a church symbol in the latitude border at about 51o 36' north; all later maps have these three items. The Thames Haven Docks are still not named; they soon will be.
Scale correct at 1+12 miles = 83.5mm, or 3.9 miles/inch, ie 1:250,000.
Many J&C Walker maps are shown on the Walker's Map Publisher page.